Subject: [Leica]What do you think of that? Not much!
From: "Dan S" <dstate1@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 18:32:34 GMT

Then it proves that there really is a sucker born every minute...The idea
that these things are good investments doesn't hold water.
Doubling your value every 6/7 years is hardly a world beating investment
strategy. I can think of about 200 mutual funds that can beat that track
record with regularity. Also, there is often a big difference between what
the buyer pays for a camera, and the amount he will REALLY be able to sell
if for, increasing the risk of the investment tremendously.

Since one could never actually TAKE A PICTURE with this camera I guess the
collector is buying...um...status?

Buy a Faberge Egg if you want collectability.
Buy a Leica if you want to take pictures.

Best wishes
Dan States

>Dan S wrote:
>
> > Sorry to all you collectors, but anyone who pays that much for that
>camera
> > needs to have their head examined.
Dan