Subject: Re: [Leica] God, no Canon vs. Nikon...
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 13:24:57 -0800

"Kotsinadelis, Peter (Peter)" wrote:

> Not true.  Nikon was a larger company than Canon when the AF mounts were
> being changed.  Minolta changed theirs, Canon followed, but Nikon opted to
> be stubborn.  Sometimes a bigger company with money does not yield
> foresight. These are the reasons Canon is now a larger company.
>
> Peter K

I love my 8008 because it rewinds the film back into the camera with the moter,
easily loadable if you were blind drunk, and works on AA batteries.
I put my AI lenses on the camera. It's tupperware, it works.
If I put an AF lens on I'll forget to turn the AF feature back on sometimes.
Although there is much use of older AI lenses on modern AF Nikon bodies Canon's
approach won out.
Most people would rather just junk the whole system and get a whole new ballgame
with white lenses.
Technologywise as of this year Nikon has caught up. Micromotors in everything
you'd ever want.
You will be seeing increasing black gaps in those rows of pearly white Canon
lenes at the news conferences and runway fashion shows.
Like teeth missing Nikon will bounce back in the pro market share!
Mark Rabiner