Subject: Re: RE: [Leica] God, no Canon vs. Nikon...
From: Byron Rakitzis <leica@rakitzis.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 22:40:26 -0800

>Nikon has long touted conpatibility and adaptability of its lenses and its
>top-of-the-line bodies.  There is however one pre-Ai lens that cannot be
>used on F3 onwards.  It is the 2.1cm 1:4 lens that requires a mirror lock
>up, due to its symmetric, Aviogon-like design.

Well, the F3 and F4 both have MLU. Doesn't the F5 have it as well?

I don't see what the problem is with mounting this lens.

If anything, the old F had a very weird MLU which forced you to lose a
frame of film.

If there is any incompatability, it is with NAI lenses and the F5 which
is the first F camera not to have the flip-up tab on the AI ring. I
think you can add it as a special-order item, though.

Byron.