Subject: [Leica] Aviogon, was God, no Canon vs. Nikon...
From: "Jonathan Borden" <jborden@mediaone.net>
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 1999 21:50:47 -0500

Ken Iisaka wrote:
> There is however one pre-Ai lens that cannot be
> used on F3 onwards.  It is the 2.1cm 1:4 lens that requires a mirror lock
> up, due to its symmetric, Aviogon-like design.

	The *Leica* Aviogon is a Bertele designed super- Super Angulon lens used in
the RC series 9x9" aerial camera ... the 152mm Aviogon has in the range of
100 lppm across the 9x9 field, as well as 10micron linearity ... and we
thought Leica was only a 35mm outfit! (yes, I know that Leica-Geosystems is
now a distinct corporation :-/

	I've recently obtained one of these puppies which is being outfitted into a
shutter for an 8x10 camera, the tripod, BTW, is also of Wild/Leica origin: a
wood surveyors tripod converted to 1/4-20 thread. Now if only the Visoflex
bellows was the proper size ...

Jonathan Borden