Subject: Re: [Leica] Starting Them Early
From: D Khong <dkhong@pacific.net.sg>
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 1999 06:26:21 +0000

It is always good to read of accounts on how LUGgers get their kids
interested in photography. Permit me to contribute...

My 3 year old is quite at home with a P&S. Out of my many P&Ss, I let her
use the Canon AS-1. This is actually an "underwater" camera capable of
depts up to 16 feet. The reason I chose this camera is because it has an
oversized VF which makes it easy for the child to peer through. It is also
more rugged than the usual P&S and should withstand a bit of abuse. Now she
is already able to hold the camera steady, press shutter and most of her
shots are surprisingly showing good sense of the horizon. Needless to say,
they are mostly sharp too.

When is a child capable of handling manual focus?

Dan K.

                 Beware of the barrenness of a busy life.