Subject: Re: [Leica] Starting Them Early
From: "ross mcleish" <cram@bigpond.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 1999 13:40:14 +1100

> > When is a child capable of handling manual focus?

When I was a child, it was a case of "Mummy why does it look
funny?"........"Well Dear, if you just turn this ring here, it will look
okay."
Children soon learn to focus when shown the very basic action required.
Cannot remember how old I was.........7 or 8 maybe. Today children learn to
use computers from an early age........manual focus won't be a big deal for
them.
Just keep it simple.......they're sure to ask the 'difficult questions' soon
enough, when they get the hang of it and start to enjoy making images.
Ross