Subject: RE: [Leica] Digimarc
From: "Jean-Claude Berger" <jcberger@jcberger.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 1999 08:38:11 +0100

Hello Tina,

I'm afraid I have to disagree. Removing the watermark is not that easy. You have
to modify the picture a lot before the watermark becomes unreadable (to the
point to the photograph itself is something else than the one you published
:-) ). The only purpose of Digimark is to let you be able to prove that a
picture you saw on the Web is yours. For that, it does a good job. If the
webmaster refuses to pay the publication or to withdraw the picture, you'll have
to sue it in the conventional manner anyway. And at that time, you will use your
original to make a proof. (Sorry, there are nights when my English is even worse
than it uses to be).

- --
Jean-Claude Berger (jcberger@jcberger.com)
Systems and RDBMS consultant (MCSE)