Subject: Re: [Leica] Duck l'rougedot flair and show
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 1999 15:06:31 -0800

Ted Grant wrote:

> Mike wrote:
> >>Mark,
> >>Let's just say I think you'd be in an extremely small minority treating
> >>the M6 as a "viable commercial system." <g>>>>>>>
> Tina responded:
> >Mike -
> >Count me in the minority.  I'm using the M6 for everything except Macro and
> >19mm.<<<<<<<<
><Snip>
> I was so ticked off on one shoot dealing with a moron who wanted "flair and
> show" that I took two people along for.."Image Factor" and charged the
><Snip>
>
> Ted Grant
I love this "flair and show" !.
I remember reading about a guy doing album covers (remember those) who always
hired a 16mm film team to shoot him shooting.
Can't get no excitement without that. Video doesn't cut it. A photoshoot must be
an event.
But I really don't think there is anything half assed looking about a Black
Leica M6 and a Winder M and a 90 or 135 lens on it. The viewer on the hotshoe
really makes the thing look impressive. Or a low slug mets flash. Or one on a
TTL cord.
Plenty of sizzle in that little design package. A little awesome. I don't
anticipate having to apologize much in the years to come.
Mark Rabiner