Subject: Re: [Leica] 50mm flare
From: Mikiro <arbos@silva.net>
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 1999 12:40:18 +0100

Dan,
I am talking about M.  In my experience, my 50/2Rs were also a bit more
prone to "flare" than those of N and Z lenses but not so prone to "veiling
glare" as my 50/2Ms were.  I have used two 50/2M of the current optical
design (with and without a built-in hood) and found the one with a built-in
hood was more prone to glare.  It is very hard to understand, and I hope
mine was exceptional (defective in some manner).

I use a current 50/2.8M quite often.  This is far more glare-resistant and a
wonderful lens to me, although some say that its bokeh is rather harsh as
compared with that of a 50/2M.  I summarised my subjective comments on Leica
optics at  http://arbos.silva.net/comments.htm.  Just have a look when you
want to kill time. ;-)

Cheers,

Mikiro