Subject: [Leica] 50mm senility
From: Mike Johnston <michaeljohnston@ameritech.net>
Date: Sat, 04 Dec 1999 11:33:46 +0000

Ted Bradshaw: >>>I...go out with an M body and just a 50. I've come to
love this focal length so much that I sometimes take different 50s with
me (a Summicron, a Summar and a 3.5/50mm Elmar), selecting one according
to the effect I want in the final chrome or print.

Am I going senile or do others do this?<<<

Ted,
It sounds perfectly reasonable to me. (Which probably means you're
indeed going senile, but let's not go there <g>.)

Granted that I go through a mishmash of equipment in testing for
articles and so forth, but I'm rather shocked to realize that I
currently own nine lenses, and SIX of them are 50mms; plus, I have a
50mm on loan from Nikon with the F100 that's about to go back; plus, my
enlarging lens is a 50mm.

I have a friend who uses Pentax LX who's threatening to collect every
lens they ever made for that mount between 28mm and 50mm. There are,
surprisingly, quite a lot.

- --Mike