Subject: Re: [Leica] Makro 100/4
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Sat, 04 Dec 1999 16:22:07 -0500

At 04:12 PM 12/4/99 -0500, you wrote:

>I don't own the lens in question, and it's unlikely that I will in the next
>5 years (at least!).  Those of you who do, is my hypothesis correct?  Am
>I missing something?
>
>M.

Martin -

You can also put a black stocking or diffusion filter on the enlarger when
you print the photo (or use any of a multitude of filters in
Photoshop).  Then you have the sharpness that you need for macro work, but
a good portrait lens, too.  You can always add diffusion, but you can't add
sharpness that's not there.

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com