Subject: [Leica] Leica cases & lens hoods.
From: Randy Holst <rholst@micron.net>
Date: Sat, 04 Dec 1999 16:31:20 -0700

Hello All,

Two questions:

1.  I've got a Summicron-M 35/f2 on my M4 and have the 12585 (vented,
reverse front cone) reversible lens hood which works in the normal
position but cannot be mounted in the reversed position as the lens is
too short.  What is the *correct* reversible hood for this lens and what
does it look like?

2.  I'm also looking for a "never-ready" case for my M4, but don't know
what it's supposed to look like.  I found a couple of the brown old
style looking cases at Keeble & Schucat (SP?) in Palo Alto last week,
but they had the larger mounting screw in the bottom.  (My M4 has a
1/4-20 tripod hole)  On e-bay, I've seen a couple of the newer style
black cases which have an angular shape to them.  Which is the *correct*
style case for the M4?

Thanks,

Randy Holst
Boise, Idaho