Subject: Re: [Leica] ...... R7 & 32CT7......
From: "Eric Welch" <ewelch@neteze.com>
Date: Sun, 05 Dec 1999 07:05:48 -0800

>>Was the proper aperture set on the flash?
>
> The aperture on the flash was set at f4.....

In auto mode, right? Not manual?

> The camera was on 'P' mode........ so I think it was 1/100s......

And you know the camera was being set by the flash? Being in P won't
guarantee the flash sync is set right unless the flash is set to auto
exposure or TTL.

>>Did you give it a few seconds after the green light to shoot?
>
> I shot when the green lite came on (removing the camera from my eye to see
> the green lite on the flash ).... I forgot to lookout for the red lightning
> symbol in the viewfinder.......

Flash usually aren't ready until several seconds after the green light comes
on.

> Oh... I bounced the flash though......

As long as it's in auto, and the sensor is pointed at the subject, it should
be able to do a reasonable job.