Subject: Re: [Leica] New guy's question about M2
From: "Steve LeHuray" <icommag@toad.net>
Date: Sun, 05 Dec 1999 09:50:29 -0400

One of my M2's has a similiar problem and I have been told that it is very
expensive in new parts to fix. The problem seems to be the mechanism has
gotten worn down so that the dial is sloppy. If you push on the frame
counter from the back you may be able to see a very slight movement. So the
reason you can move it 4-5 ticks is that it is free for those ticks but as
you turn it from the front your finger is pushing it off-center towards the
back. What I do is turn it from the top with thumb and finger and on my M2
that works fine.
Steve
Annapolis