Subject: Re: [Leica] Projector lenses on cameras
From: "Henning J. Wulff" <henningw@archiphoto.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 1999 13:25:09 -0800

At 3:45 PM -0500 12/5/99, Martin Howard wrote:
>Would it be possible to fit (through the judicious use of adapters, no
>doubt) Leica projector lenses on an R camera?
>
>M.
>
>--
>Martin Howard                     |
>Visiting Scholar, CSEL, OSU       |    What boots up must come down.
>email: howard.390@osu.edu         |
>www: http://mvhoward.i.am/        +---------------------------------------

...and then you open up the back, hold a slide against the film gate, lock
down the cable release on 'B', hold a flashlight behind the slide, and
Voila! the 'LEICA PROJECTOR R' :-).

Projection lenses don't make good taking lenses (yes, I am generalizing
here, and I'm sure there are exceptions). Over the years I've tried many
combinations of lenses and cameras, and this one didn't go far. On the
other hand, I've had great success with reversed 8mm lenses on bellows for
macro work, not being willing to spring for Photars and such. The best was
a 13mm f/0.9 Switar.

   *            Henning J. Wulff
  /|\      Wulff Photography & Design
 /###\   mailto:henningw@archiphoto.com