Subject: RE: [Leica] Minorities
From: "Eno" <eno22@enter.net>
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 1999 16:22:32 -0500

From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@islandnet.com>

Mitch Zeissler wrote:

>I was taking candids in the dim lighting at my brother's wedding last week
>when the "official" photographer (2 1/4 Mamiya, with  wide angle and
strobe)
>came up and asked me with a smirk if I was actually getting any shots.  I
>simply showed him the Noct, told him it was loaded with Delta 3200 and that
>my shutter speed was 250.       He gulped and walked away.>>>>>>>>

<<<Hi Mitch,

Love it!:):):)

It's the commercial guy with flash who dosen't understand real light and
how to make the great use of what you see is what you use.  They all need
to have a big bolt of lightening flash to get an exposure, which in turn
makes all their images look identicle.  And only different because it's a
different bride and groom each week.>>>

It's a wonder he didn't say , "yeah but the grain! My God it'll be
terrible!"

But we Leica users know how to use the light we see by and our pictures
surely do look different than the "twinky light happy snaps!" :)

ted

Ted Grant
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant

This is of course something everyone here runs into.  I think the
'mammyhassy' people look like big dumb guys next to the M6 person
The smart remarks just make the other person look dumber, like someone who
is laughing and gets a pie in their face and then has nothing more to get
excited about. The only way to looks good is to quickly say you've got M's
and so forth.  It saves you on the spot.  If you care to begin with, which
most don't.  I do, in real life.