Subject: [Leica] Summicron Shades & NYC Dealers
From: Stephen Alred <salred@toad.net>
Date: Sun, 05 Dec 1999 16:52:19 -0500

Regarding a recent question about New Yawk Photo Dealers, I can certainly
recommend Tamarkin and also Ken Hansen Photo, which I recently visited for
the first time:
  Ken Hansen New York Incorporated     212-317-0923
  509 Madison Ave (18th Floor)
  [Madison @ 53rd Street)

Hansen has a lot of Leica equipment, which *used* to include a nice 50mm
LTM Summicron, now mine.  So, to tag along on another thread regarding lens
shades for these 50's -- I use the Summicron on a IIIf; to what degree does
a shade obscure the viewfinder on these cameras?  I played with putting the
12504 shade from my 35mm M-Summicron on the LTM Summicron -- no way!

I see from browsing eBay that an IROOA shade would seem to be proper, but
at the going rate of around US$100 for a shade and cap, I'd just as soon
pass...

And, just to tap yet another thread -- the Summicron on the IIIf IS
liberating.  I'm thinking of recording my New Year's festivities with the
IIIf loaded with TMAX 3200 and the Summicron...

Best Holiday Wishes to All

Steve Alred
Croom, Maryland

PS: The office building housing Hansen Photo is under reconstruction,
ignore the disarray when you get off the elevator, a Leica fantasy-land
awaits behind the unassuming wooden door...