Subject: [Leica] a few Leica announcements
From: Photovilla@aol.com
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 1999 03:22:08 EST

I just got a fax from my Leica rep. and there is a little news brewing...

They have now officially announced a BLACK PAINT M6 TTL.

An edition of 2000...for the year 2000 I suppose...will be available this
spring for $2,795 each.

These have the script Leica engraved in the top plate and are packaged in a
similar fashion to M3's. The winder lever is also somewhat similar to an M3.

The camera will also lack the M6 engraving on the front.

I think it sounds like a nice one if the paint quality is good! At least some
real thought has been applied to the look of the camera by what I am reading.
I have not actually seen one in person.

In addition, on Dec. 31 the rebates end on the M6 TTL , M6 HM TTL, R6.2 and
R8. This corresponds with a permanent lower price...but I think it still
comes out to be slightly more expensive on at least some of these cameras.
Perhaps a good reason to buy them now? I will post more when I find out for
sure...

cheers,
Rich