Subject: Re: [Leica] a few Leica announcements
From: Gaifana@aol.com
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 1999 07:42:08 EST

That's neat but why does the Franklin Mint, Solms division, think this is
worth an extra $700 for a paint job that costs the same as black chrome (or
less) and a maximum of two different stampings? It still doesn't say E Leitz
GMBH Wetzlar, DBP, etc, which looked cool engraved into the top plate. This
paint is powder-coated electrostatically, which is not the enamel we admire,
and you can only wonder what it will look like when it wears off to reveal
zinc.