Subject: Re: [Leica] Help with Leica CL
From: Kip Babington <cbabing3@swbell.net>
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 1999 07:59:44 -0600

The dial on the bottom is simply a film type reminder dial.  It's not connnected to anything else.

The small chrome button is the battery test button.  Looking through the viewfinder, turn the shutter speed dial until a pointer appears in the cut-out in the top right hand corner of the finder.  Then press the battery check button.  If the meter needle moves down into the cutout in the middle of the right side of the viewfinder, the battery is OK.

BTW, the camera was designed for the 1.35v mercury PX625 batteries, which are becoming somewhat difficult to come by in some countries.  Check the archives for lots of discussions about sources and alternatives.

Enjoy the camera, it's a great one.

Cheers,
Kip