Subject: [Leica] Helping
From: Mike Johnston <michaeljohnston@ameritech.net>
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 1999 19:12:11 +0000

Jeff Moore: >>>One: I just bought an M6 HM TTL, so I'd have a second HM
body.  This brings me to, at least, the most M bodies I can possibly
justify... and, at most, to the point of wretched excess.  So I'd be a
very very sickly over-indulgent boy if I bought one of these.<<<

Jeff,
I can think of many reasons why you might need one of these.

1. Better investment that tulip bulbs and many internet startups.

2. You COULD be spending all your money on drugs and hoors; this is much
more ethical.

3. Often, a fine, distinctive camera serves as a conversation piece for
clients and subjects alike.*

4. Goes with a tuxedo.

5. Having a "formal dress" Leica will make you feel more comfortable
using your other Leicas hard.

Want me to go on? There are TONS of reasons why it's perfectly
reasonable for you to buy a black paint M6.

- --Mike (doing my best to help, cf. my earlier post about Tom D.'s
Apo-Telyt question)

*I actually knew a portrait photographer who used this as a reason to
buy a gold and lizardskin (?) Rolleiflex Aurum--his portrait clients
always remembered "the photographer with the golden camera." At least,
that was his story with his missus.