Subject: [Leica] Re: You have got to see this!
From: Jim Brick <jimbrick@photoaccess.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 1999 17:42:00 -0800

Well... I would not want it as to me, it is u-g-l-y ! This camera has "new"
top and bottom plates therefore one does not know how badly it was trashed
before restoration. Perhaps just the outside was restored. They should have
put black vulcanite on in place of that garish brothel red stuff.

And folks always say "it looks so pure and new that I would never want to
use it." Which is a funny statement to hear (read). Every new camera I have
ever purchased looked like new and I went right ahead and used them anyway.

There are a lot of folks out there who "make" mint vintage cameras. Paying
a premium price for an externally cosmetically perfect Leica is risky.
Might be a rat in sable clothing.

Jim