Subject: Re: [Leica] a few Leica announcements
From: Thomas Kachadurian <tom@kachadurian.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 1999 20:22:07 -0500

I hate to be a doomsayer, but this is a sign of a company in trouble.
When a competitor is engineering a camera which will really undercut
their sales, they react to it by making the same camera they have
been making for years and putting a different finish on it. All of
you who talk about Leica as the pinnacle of picture making tools that
can't be improved with updating please explain how it's picture
making abilities are improved by a new paint job?

Tom

>They have now officially announced a BLACK PAINT M6 TTL.

An edition of 2000...for the year 2000 I suppose...will be available this
spring for $2,795 each. <

Thomas Kachadurian
www.kachadurian.com