Subject: [Leica] Welcome, Hans-Peter Lammerich
From: Doug Herr <Telyt@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 1999 21:08:42 -0500

Hans-Peter Lammerich wrote:

I am watching the LUG digest for a couple of weeks and now place my first
message. I prefer the digest because it is more convenient than receiving
hundreds of individual e-mails every day.
<SNIP>
 For use with the SL I was lucky to find an early, very reasonably priced
1,4/80 with
three cams. On the later versions, the SL/SL2 cam was omitted and,
according to
my handbook, cannot be refitted.
<<<

Welcome to the list.  From your experience and preferences I think you'll
fit right in.  Just don't get too frustrated with the sprited off-topic
threads.  One thing you can do to help us is to change the message subject
line when you post a reply.  Some of us don't bother to read messages that
don't have a meaningful subject line.

I wasn't aware of an SL version of the 80!  I always thought it couldn't be
used on the SL because the rear element protruded too far into the mirror
chamber.  I'm curious, is it because of the lower cost that you prefer the
SL over the SL2?  I would think that if you are running in to the SL's
limited metering in dim light, the SL2 would appeal to you.

Do you have a photo website?  I'd love to see more non-tourist photos of
places I'll likely never visit.

Doug Herr
Sacramento