Subject: Re: [Leica] Mad Dogs and English Tourism
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@neteze.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 1999 04:07:13 -0800

At 5:32 PM -0800 12/6/99, wvl wrote:

>So, with that little caveat, go to England, eat mutton, fowel, fish and
>Indian food for sure. Feel well advised by the excellent remarks from
>members of this list. I will add a few of my own suggestions.

From what I've read, you have to have spent about six months in Englad
before they'll keep you from giving blood. Things may have changed.

And don't for a minute think it's only beef. It all comes from grinding up
animals and feeding the results to other animals. Same thing with cannibals
in New Guinea who developed the disease Kuru - mostly women and children,
men didn't imbibe.

What you call mad cow disease, spongiform encephilopathy (sp?), is 100
percent fatal, and a terrible way to die, just like Kuru. So this is not a
light thing. And combine that with the British government knowingly
covering it up to protect industries, well, I'd be careful of eating
anything that can be recycled through bone meal and other meat products.
Hey, even McDonald's in Great Britain lied about where they got their meat
at the time. (They didn't mention bone meal from Britain was being fed to
cattle in the Netherlands, where they got their beef, at the time).

A book called "Deadly Feasts" is a fascinating investigation into this
scary, real, disease which they predict will kill millions by the year 2015
- - it has a very, very long incubation period. And we in the States are not
immune.
- --

Eric Welch
Carlsbad, CA