Subject: [Leica] OT: SONG: Shoot it
From: Martin Howard <howard.390@osu.edu>
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 1999 16:40:02 -0500

Yep, I'm afraid it's the return of the photographically themed songs again!
Hey, I promise I'll always use "SONG" in the subject line, so you can
filter the messages ;)

This one's about people who just have too much gear and never actually take
any pictures... ;)

                     SHOOT IT
             Music by Michael Jackson
              Words by Martin Howard

You got the lens, you gotta try it out
Just had to buy it, cannot do without
There is no holding back, you are going all-out
So shoot it, just shoot it

Your friends lined up, pets are in the frame
How great this lens, to them you do explain
They really couldn't care, to them it's all the same
So shoot it, but you wanna be heard

Just shoot it, shoot it, shoot it, shoot it
Nobody's gonna dispute it
Showin' how funky, good is your gear
It doesn't matter, so if you hold your life dear
Just shoot it, shoot it
Just shoot it, shoot it
Just shoot it, shoot it
Just shoot it, shoot it

You're taking pictures, any way that you can
But German tele-macro, or a zoom from Japan?
If you wanna get the shot, use whatever you can
So shoot it, just shoot it

You're out to show them what it really can do
You got a lens for every angle of view
And motorized bodies, yeah you've got a whole slew
So shoot it, but you play with the gear,

Just shoot it, shoot it, shoot it, shoot it,
Nobody's gonna dispute it,
Switching your lenses, fiddlin' all night,
Use the fill-flash, or go with backlight?
Just shoot it, shoot it
Just shoot it, shoot it
Just shoot it, shoot it
Just shoot it, shoot it

Just shoot it, shoot it, shoot it, shoot it
Nobody's gonna dispute it
A-P-O macro, tele, or zoom?
a wide-angle prime just adds to your gloom

Just shoot it, shoot it, shoot it, shoot it
Nobody's gonna dispute it
Thirynine lenses, counting only the primes
There is no wonder, it's confusing at times
Just shoot it, shoot it,
Shoot it, shoot it, shoot it

- --
Martin Howard                     |
Visiting Scholar, CSEL, OSU       |    What boots up must come down.
email: howard.390@osu.edu         |