Subject: RE: [Leica] Scanner recommendation?
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 1999 14:59:07 -0000

Hans-Peter:

As a heavy-duty user of the HP Photosmart - earlier version - I have to say
that for negatives, color and black and white, you can't really go wrong
with it, especially for the price. I have, however, been really disappointed
with slide results.

I use mine - with PhotoShop - primarily to produce black and white prints
from XP2Super negs. I used the Epson Photo Stylus 750, Epson  black ink, and
either Epson photo paper or water color paper. And I get quite pleasing
results.

Yes, the scanning is a bit slow. But the jump is speed involves a very
considerable jump in investment. So think seriously about what you are
looking to do here.

What color work I have done has easily compared to the quality I get from
the "lab around the corner."

Give it a try - you won't be disappointed. And don't too quickly write off
the idea of using PhotoShop and attempting some serious digital printing.

B. D.