Subject: RE: [Leica] Guestimating exposure?
From: "Kotsinadelis, Peter (Peter)" <peterk@lucent.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 1999 13:10:33 -0800

There is an easy way.  I use a modified Sunny 16 rule because using the
Sunny 16 rule you run too big of an underexposure risk.  With this you gain
about 1/3 stop overexposure.

Take film speed and go to next lowest shutter speed.  Example: 400 film, use
1/250.
If subject in full sun, set aperture to F11.  Partial set to F8, shade set
to F5.6.
Now just vary the combination to whatever you want.
So in partial sun 1/250 at F8, or 1/500 at F5.6, etc.

I have used this for years and it does work. Well, before the flames come,
let me say it works for me.

Peter K