Subject: Re: [Leica]Digital Photography(slightly OT)
From: "Eric Welch" <ewelch@neteze.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 1999 20:55:01 -0800

> Peek said he expects to see a similar high-resolution CCD sensor in
> production within about two years, although it might include fewer pixels.
> "I don't think we will go to more pixels," he said. "We are already asking,
> 'Is six million too much and are we adding cost unnecessarily?' Perhaps five
> million or four million is the right amount."

This guy has no clue. This is the same old hype about digital killing film
when it comes nowhere close.

Gee, we have this device that's nearly the equal of film. Hmmm... 6
megabytes vs. 75+ megabytes of data. And well, gee, it's not color, but how
much data do we really need? Looking at the pictures people like this take,
I'm not surprised they think they can get away with 4-5 meg files.

What a joke, Chicken Little lives.

- --

Eric Welch
Carlsbad, CA

A critic is a man who leaves no turn unstoned.