Subject: Re: [Leica] chosing between 50Nocti or 50Summi
From: "Dan S" <dstate1@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 1999 00:42:51 GMT

I was one of the folks who panned the shot.  I just don't think it really
represented the performance of the lens..Frankly the shot looked soft and
grainy.  I have seen tons of shots from the Noctilux, including many from
people on this list and all have been quite remarkable considering the f1.0
max aperture.

I would LOVE to have a noct, even as my only 50, but the price is just not
justifiable for my needs.  I think those who are concerned with it not
performing up to the level of the Summicron 50 are splitting hairs.  Based
on the photodo tests it is quite comparable with almost any other 50 once
you get it to f8...And it really is the best f1.0 there is!

Best Wishes
Dan States