Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Nikon LS-2000 sample - Gary D. Whalen
From: "Gary D. Whalen" <whalen@circle.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 1999 09:00:05 -0500

Dearest Jim,

    Your arguments against my post are both ludicrous and illogical.  How can you
insinuate that I have no right to post my feelings of distaste against Pascal's
picture yet you propose to do the exact same against my posting.  You are either
dumb or have over reacted to my original post.  My argument with Pascal was that
the purpose of his photo was to show the quality of the LS 2000.  However, to show
us this quality (which I did not see in the photo by the way) he shows us a
picture of a women standing in a window completely dressed except for her crotch.
Generally in photography the photographer is trying to draw the viewers attention
to some point in the image.  It is obvious that the only point of this picture is
to show the womens crotch.  There is no other possible purpose.  That is what I
have a problem with.  A nude photo of a women can be a beautiful thing.  However,
a photo that has as its sole purpose to expose her crotch is to me displeasing and
unnecessary in the purpose of its stated use.  You don't have to agree with me.  I
could give a damn.  What you do have to do if you are capable is to put my post in
context with the stated purpose of Pascal's post.

Oh, by-the-way, when you calm down a few minutes what would you say if there were
any teenage girls or boys visiting this site and they went to look at a picture
representing the quality of the LS 2000 and say Pascals image?  Why don't you
print the image and show it to your grandchildren or grandnephews?