Subject: Re: [Leica] M3 or IIIg
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 1999 21:07:40 +0100

Eric,

A IIIg in good condition will cost you as much as an M6 in good condition. If
you really want to play with an LTM camera, then go for a IIIc or a IIIf. But
if I were you, I would get a nice M3. I like my IIIf, but in all honesty the M3
is a quantum leap forward in terms of functionality...and your M lenses will
work on it.

The new LTM lenses from Leica are optically identical to their M equivalents
and cost around 20% more. They are designed to cash in on the current LTM fad
in Japan (although they are also available in Europe).

Nathan

Eric Ho wrote:

> I already own an M6 and am now considering adding an M3 or IIIg to my
> collection (Christmas gift). Does anyone have any recommendation?  Pros and
> Cons?  I was told by a dealer that Leica is coming up with some newly
> designed screw mount lens.  It make the IIIg very attractive to me...  Not
> sure how "expensive" these screw mount lens are though!
>
> Cheers,
> eh

- --
Nathan Wajsman