Subject: Re: [Leica] KSP-Leica Colorado Rockies Workshop
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 1999 16:31:25 -0800

Jim Brick wrote:

> June 20-25, 2000  (sorry, I forgot the date the first time)
>
> Join us as we photograph the breathtaking vistas of Durango and the
> outlying areas. The majestic landscapes and beautiful wildflowers of the
> San Juan mountains in Southwestern Colorado are sure to offer many
> breathtaking photographic opportunities.
>
> We will take an excursion on the historic Durango & Silverton narrow gauge
> Railroad. This train once transported gold and silver ore from the San Juan
> mountains and Silverton. While the railroad has a history spanning 117
> years, the new version of the locomotive is 75 years old and the coach cars
> are vintage 1880. This adventure promises to offer many unique photographic
> situations.
><Snip>
> Call Jeff Alford at Keeble & Shuchat Photography, (650) 327-8996.

Been there - shot that 2 years ago having arrived a week early for my first LHSA meeting!
Forget John Denver! Colorado is as good as it gets. I/we were overwhelmed at
every turn of the road. I just had no idea.
I enjoyed it more than Switzerland. And don't forget the High Country. I'm
tempted to do it again with you guys!
The State of Washington along the Gorge is a close second.
Mark Rabiner