Subject: Re: [Leica] Leicavit (was: Jim Marshall - rock and roll photographer!)
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@neteze.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1999 07:39:13 -0800

sometime around 12/13/99 11:14 PM, TTAbrahams@aol.com at TTAbrahams@aol.com
was heard  to write:

> As for adapting a 50's Leicavit MP to a M6. It can be done, but is quite
> expensive and requires the drive parts from an M4-Mot/M4-M to replace the
> current "tulip". It is not a simple matter of installing just a M2 take up
> shaft. If you do that, the filmcounter is rendered useless and you of course
> also have to be prepared to go back to the M2/M3 take-up spool way of

But Tom,

I was only hoping for a Leicavit kind of device, not what was. Leica needs
to do somthing like that, considering the popularity of your rapidwinder. I
for one could care less about being able to repair it. I don't fix my M6. I
just don't mess with that stuff. What I want is something smaller, and a
smaller lever, like the Leicavit. Whis IS the difference in size between the
rapidwinder and the Leicavit? Maybe it's just my imagination?

- --

Eric Welch
Carlsbad, CA
http://www.neteze.com/ewelch

Zen master to hotdog vendor. "Make me one with everything."