Subject: [Leica] Konica HEXAR RF Review
From: "Kotsinadelis, Peter (Peter)" <peterk@lucent.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1999 09:50:36 -0800

Thanks Nathan,

Sounds like the body may be woth consideration.  Konica always made a
suprpisingly good 45/50mm lens.  They used a Planar-type copy in their older
rangefinders.  Ironically I collect these and have all the Konica RFs from
occupied Japan on through the S2.  Best lens is found on their IIIM circa
1957 (50mm F1.8) and Auto S2 circa 1968 (45mm F1.8).

I can understand the 28mm and perhaps the 90mm Elmarits bettering the
Konica.
Konica once made a 28mm for their SLRs but it was a F3.5. It was a very good
lens.
They also made an 85mm F1.8 which I thought to be among the sharpest 85mm
lenses I have yet seen (this includes the current Leica, Nikon, and Canon).

Peter Kotsinadelis