Subject: Re: [Leica] Performance of old 3,5/35-70 ?
From: Mikiro <arbos@silva.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1999 21:54:08 +0100

Hi, Hans-Peter.

I was an owner of the first version for two years.  This moderate performer
will satisfy you, unless your primary need is sharpness.  In my experience,
it has a favourably mild character and resistant to glare as a zoom lens.
The German-made version has the same formula and should perform in the same
manner (except for a close-up setting, if my memory serves).

1000 DM would have been very reasonable before introduction of the current
f4 asph version.  This is exactly what I paid for this lens 4-5 years ago.

Cheers,

Mikiro
http://arbos.silva.net

- --