Subject: Re: [Leica] scanning
From: "Eno" <eno22@enter.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1999 19:26:58 -0500

>And what about SCSI card?
- -------
<The Nikon LS-1000 does not come with a SCSI card, nor do other Nikon models
I have experience of; don't know about the LS-2000. So you will probably
have to buy one.>

An Adaptec AVA-1505 or equivalent is plenty quick enough and reasonably
cheap. The faster cards are fine for SCSI hard drives etc, but the transfer
rate  from the scanner is not fast enough to require the extra performance
from the card.
The AVA-1505 or equivalent is about the cheapest card around, so buy that
SNIP
Rod
What about the adaptec scsi-pc card in terms of performance capabilities
with the LS-1000?
I need to transfer this to my laptop (color accuracy!) - 192ram 400PII, etc.
Should I be awaiting disaster?
With scanner results, that is...
I assume it should work technically... but that's only an assumption.
Thanks Much!
eno