Subject: Re: [Leica] Dust In The Lenses
From: Alex van Hulsenbeek <sanderva@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 02:12:00 -0800 (PST)

My dealer warns me about the following (true for
lenses without internal focussing): when you turn the
distance ring with the back-cap on the lens, a
relative vacuum is created and air is sucked into the
lens, dust and other particles settled on the lens
coming with it. So it is better to check that
marvellous Leica-lens feeling only when your lens is
on the camera.

Sander van Hulsenbeek
Amsterdam, Holland