Subject: [Leica] Kilfitt Kilar 3.5/90
From: "Peter Volle" <vidom@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 16:21:46 GMT

A few days ago I eBayed a Kilfitt reflex housing for LTM; with it came a
Kilar 3.5/90. I didn't pay much and it certainly is a nice toy, but I'd
really like to know more about what I got there. Marc J. Small has always
written enthusiastically about Kilfitt lenses, but as far as I know he does
not mention this lens, at least not in his book on non-Leitz-LTM-lenses.
However, the combination I bought is described as some kind of "junior
model" in an old ad that is shown in Marc's book, so I just wonder if it is
of the same high quality as the lenses Marc has praised. As my lens is a
little foggy inside, I also have to consider if it is worth spending money
on having it professionally cleaned.

It seems kind of strange to combine a (non-macro-)lens like this with a
reflex housing - does anybody know why they did that?

Does anyone of you actually have this lens? Any comments on it's
construction or performance? Is it rare?

Peter Volle