Subject: RE: [Leica] Motor Driver R8
From: "Kotsinadelis, Peter (Peter)" <peterk@lucent.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 11:21:15 -0800

You are right Martin! There is not a fast lens for the Contax 645 in a
comparable focal length.
For their 35mm SLRs, there is a Zeiss 180mm f/2.8 M/M SONNAR T Lens which is
$1249.95.
And with Nikon their current AF lenses offer a Nikon AF 180mm f/2.8D ED-IF
at $699.95.
But neither is an F1.8 or F2 lens so you lose a stop or more.
Of the lenses you did list, the Canon 200 F1.8 is perhaps the sharpest lens
of all.
So as an option, I could buy the 200mm F1.8 and an EOS-3 body and still save
$1000 when you compare that combination to the $5395 price of the Leica
180/2 you noted.
Plus I gain a modern AF camera body with a sharper lens.

Peter K