Subject: Re: [Leica] Konica HEXAR RF Lenses reviewed in CI #220
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@neteze.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 19:07:38 -0800

sometime around 12/15/99 2:22 AM, B. D. Colen at bdcolen@earthlink.net was
heard  to write:

> Eric - IF you're correct about the inability of the Hexar to focus the
> faster lenses with sufficient accuracy, then I agree with you. But we don't
> yet have the answer to that particular question. Additionally, the 21 is a
> 2.8 lens that a blind man could focus by feel, as are the 24 and 28...and
> while I love my Summilux 35 ASPH, I seem to recall that there is a
> world-class f 2 35....so....

B.D.

Yes, I know. Any fool can focus a 21 at f/8. But basice fact is it's .6
magnification, the base isn't longer - is it? In that case, it's not as
accurate.

But for real wide lenses, I might get one too if other issues besides
focusing accuracy make it interesting. But not for my fast not-so-wide
lenses, and I tend to not want to dedicate a body to one lens.

- --

Eric Welch
Carlsbad, CA
http://www.neteze.com/ewelch

Zen master to hotdog vendor. "Make me one with everything."