Subject: Re: [Leica] Motor Driver R8
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@neteze.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1999 20:27:30 -0800

sometime around 12/16/99 7:48 AM, Kotsinadelis, Peter (Peter) at
peterk@lucent.com was heard  to write:

> For me, I prefer the Image Stabilized
> versions and a slightly longer focal length.  Have used he CANON 200mm, but
> sorry to say have not used he 200mm R.

The Leica is so buttery smooth, it's a pleasure to use. The Canon is a
monster. It is so heavy it pains me to carry it - and I am no small guy! If
I were shooting sports though, I'd opt for the Canon anyway. It's a superb
lens.

But your point is very good. The new IS long lenses from Canon are quite
compelling, not only for IS, but the magnesium parts that make them lighter.

- --

Eric Welch
Carlsbad, CA
http://www.neteze.com/ewelch

Zen master to hotdog vendor. "Make me one with everything."