Subject: Re: [Leica] tripod recommendations
From: Ruralmopics@aol.com
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 1999 11:32:09 EST

In a message dated 12/17/99 9:12:04 AM, dwpost@email.msn.com writes:

>Like a fool, I sold my Tiltall ( Star-D) several years ago. My brother
>wanted a sturdy platform for his video camera- and when I realized my
>mistake, he wouldn't part with it!! The Tiltall is indeed a wonderful
>tripod.

When I worked at a St. Louis Photo Supply Leica had a salesman promotion
where you earned points you could turn in for Leica merchandise. As I recall
I earned three tiltall tripods and a pair of binoculars. Stupidly I sold them
all to the store for cash.

I have used Tiltall tripods throughout my career however. For years I had an
old chrome Marchioni tiltall (the Leica predecessor) that was all but shot
(it even had one black Leica leg). A couple of years ago I found a dead
perfect MINT chrome Marchioni in a pawn shop for $65. It's what I use today.

Bob