Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: full moon
From: "Julian Koplen" <jkoplen@mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 1999 23:07:32 -0500

Techie, shmechie.  You guys have got me confused.  Does the moon *look*
bigger in a photograph taken with it near the horizon, as opposed to a
picture with it high in the sky?  Does it "fool" the camera like it fools
our eyes?  We all know, I think, that it isn't really bigger in size when we
view it in the different positions. But if it fools the camera, then this
illusion can be used to good effect in picture making.

Julian, bucking for resident lunar-tic