Subject: [Leica] How'd they do that?
From: "Roy Feldman" <royfel@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 1999 12:53:25 -0500

I have recently been revisiting the photos of Bill Brandt ,Ray Metzker and
Michael Kenna. All 3 seem to have a look I would really like to try and
duplicate. The highlights in the photos are a pure white, then a real drop
in density with the shadows being dark but with detail discernable. The
curve of the negative  would be a long toe on the bottom then almost a
straight shot upward. I'm guessing at setting the highlight at Zone 4 and
over developing to increase contrast, but I would like some other
suggestions.