Subject: Re: [Leica] Totally OT: Buzz's Know-Nothing Tax Rant
From: "Bill Larsen" <ohlen@lightspeed.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 1999 23:00:31 -0800

Aggggggh.................

This entire conversation belongs anywhere but in the LUG.  Mr. Colen and Mr.
Don j R will never agree. Given that Mr. Colen is a respected journalist and
sycophant of Larry King and that Mr. Don built a internationally revered
business in manufacturing, they both have their point of view...but I doubt
that they will agree.

But to have a Dane agree that the U.S. Constitution is in need of
modernization is ridiculous.  I do not live nor did I study in Danmark because
I found the social stratification to be very alien to me as an American.  As
regards the comments to the U.S. Constitution 2nd Amendment and 14th
Amendments, these are fundamental in terms of that they are not a given (a la
Locke) rather a condition of being human.

Your characterization of "gun wacko" is extremely offensive.   I happen to
live in an area where the local law enforcement officials estimate that the
worst case response time is 50 minutes.  If you have any thought that I am not
armed at home, you are severely mistaken.

Gee, I even have some of Don Jrs products in my arsenal.

 This entire conversation should not be taking place on the LUG.  If you don't
like America, comment on some forum that cares.  I for one certainly do not.

The U.S. Constitution is a very brief document.   Most State constitutions are
very long.  The difference is that the U.S. Constitution will survived and be
interpreted for modern times while State constitutions display a very
fundamental distrust of government.

Why don't you concern yourself with implementation of the pan-European
constitution instead of commenting on matters that are apparently above you
comprehension?