Subject: [Leica] Re:incidentally
From: Godfrey DiGiorgi <ramarren@bayarea.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 10:57:05 -0800 (PST)

In addition to almost exclusive use of incident meters, professional
cinematographers generally do all their focusing by scale ... they measure
the distances and track of the proposed shot, set it on the camera, adjust
the aperture for the zone of focus required, and plan all the camera
movements very carefully. Then practice them.

I spent some time doing cine work when in high school and college ... it
was a valuable experience to me as it brought home the use of different
techniques that could improve my still work as well.

Godfrey