Subject: Re: [Leica] Spam on humpday
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 14:38:23 -0800

Bryan Caldwell wrote:

> >>If you
> wish to sell your goods on the LUG, please do us all a favor and advertize
> them on Fridays, which is the agreed upon day for LUG commerical ads.  <<
>
> Martin,
>
> This has been discussed at great length several times in the past and each
> time the result is the same - there is no "Friday" rule. On an international
> list there is no Friday because one person's Friday is another's Thursday or
> Saturday.  The only rule posted by the owner of the list is that commercial
> camera sellers should not use the list, but this is widely ignored.
>
> Post what you want, when you want.
>
> Bryan

I don't know what consensus you think was reached Bryan but seldom does anyone
try to sell stuff during the week on the lug.
Why might that be I wonder?
No one is going to complain about occasional stuff going in a day early or a day
late and they are usually accompanied by quick apologies.
This is hump day.
You get fined double for spamming on hump day.
I am glad this is not a wonderful forum for continual commerce.
Who needs it?
Mark Rabiner