Subject: Re: LUGRe: [Leica] Incident light measuremeent
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@neteze.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 19:28:57 -0800

sometime around 12/22/99 8:24 AM, Mark Rabiner at mrabiner@concentric.net
was heard  to write:

> I know of no photographers besides myself which do not at the backdrop with
> studio strobes incident readings with a flash meter as their standard modus
> operandi.

You know me! :-) Sort of.

I use my R8's flash meter - which automatically compensates for lens
extension - which I mostly use studio strobes (at least in the past when I
worked at a newspaper) for copy work and extremely high magnification. But
for normal work, too, my R8's flash meter is dead-bang on. And being used to
working with reflected metering in real life, makes it easier to just keep
doing it with strobes in the studio.

- --

Eric Welch
Carlsbad, CA
http://www.neteze.com/ewelch

Cynicism often masquerades for sophistication in our society, but more often
than not it's merely an indicator of resentment.