Subject: Re: [Leica] "This is War" David Douglas Duncan
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 22:53:24 -0500

At 02:15 PM 12/22/1999 -0800, Ted Grant wrote:
>It's my understanding Marty Forsher adapted quite a number of Leica lenses
>to Nikon rangefinder SP? cameras. Is there anyone familiar with this
>adaptation during the Korean conflict?  Or after?

The back-focus of a Contax RF camera is about six or eight mm too deep for
a direct conversion which would allow infinity focus, so the conversion
would require some machine work to take off some of the rear lensmount.
Beyond that, it should be easy for most Leitz lenses of the era.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!